Mission of the Johnson County Democrats
Adopted April 12, 2006
The mission of the Johnson County Democrats is to elect Democrats to public office at the local, state, and federal level.
We believe in
- Compassion, tolerance, respect for all citizens.
- Equal opportunity for all citizens.
- Rewarding honest, hard work with fair wages and a fair tax system.
- Government programs that provide a safety net for the vulnerable.
- Family values that are more than a political slogan.
- Quality education that gives all citizens the opportunity to reach their potential.
- Freedom from government interference in our private lives and personal decisions.
- A diverse population and the benefits derived from diversity.
- Security in our homes and safety in our streets.
- Separation of church and state to preserve individual freedom, as set out in the Constitution.
- A strong United States – morally, economically, and militarily.
- Laws that protect and preserve our environment, including common sense reforms for cleaner and safer air and water.
- Protection of the rights of individuals, especially those who may be unprotected and unrepresented.
- Open and honest government
- Fair and independent elections.